Pädaste Manor is a grand but homely hideaway on the island of Muhu with a history going back to the 14th century. It offers unique spa treatments based on Estonian herbal traditions and gourmet experience in the Alexander restaurant which has been recognized as the best restaurant in Estonia, outside of Tallinn, for fifteen years in a row. Above all, there is the ambiance, the charm, and the service expertise that can only be found in a privately owned hotel. For off the beaten path Baltic travel itineraries, gourmet breaks and coastal adventures.
Opening year: 1996
Last renovation: 2008, but since it is a historic property, small renovations are continuously undertaken
- Installed a 100 kW solar power plant, allowing Pädaste to be off the grid 40% of the time. In addition 60% of all heating needs are generated through heat exchange plants. Also using a smart building system to save energy.
- Vegetables, greens, and herbs are sourced from the estate's kitchen garden, organic and ecologically sustainable. Besides the edibles, also the flowers to decorate the restaurant, guest rooms, and public areas come from the garden.
- Pädaste SPA uses locally sourced ingredients for its wraps, masks, and scrubs. 70% of the ingredients used in treatments are local
- The largest taxpayer in Muhu Island over the past years. The municipality has acknowledged its contribution to the local community of 2000 residents
- Green education programs – offering guests free of charge beehive tours and kitchen garden tours to introduce them to the micro-ecosystem
- All tours and activities are held by local businesses or local persons (guides, horseback riding tours, fisherman, sailing tours, etc.)
Management: local owner, local management