Surrounded by marvelous scenery of organic farmland, hills and the Phewa Lake, The Pavilions Himalayas is the location for authentic cultural activities, and a good starting point for active adventures.
Rooms: 14 villas
Opening year: 2015
- Solar power and solar heating system, generating own biogas (black water produced at the hotel and livestock manure from the farm are used to create methane gas which is used to cook the food grown at the hotel).
- Rainwater is collected in large tanks underneath the villas which is then filtered and purified to be used in showers, baths and bathroom sinks. Grey water produced at the hotel is pumped back into the toilets for reuse, used to water the vegetable gardens.
- The Pavilions Himalayas creates own biodegradable paper soaps and their own signature toiletries such as shower gels and shampoo, which are all made from natural Nepalese ingredients and offered in refillable bottles.
- 70% of the hotel’s profits going into funding social projects. These projects include the Right4Children NGO which aims to assist local schools through initiatives such as setting up a computer lab and teacher training.
- The hotel also supports the ‘Aisha Primary health Clinic’ to provide medical support in the local area.
- Alongside the social initiatives they support, the use of the hotel's bio-gas system is promoted within the village, in which more households have installed them since.
Certifications: Green Pearls
Management: local owner, local management