El Silencio is a back to nature eco-friendly luxury lodge for travellers who love their comforts and high quality pampering. It encompasses a 500-acre private cloud forest reserve for those who love to explore mysterious rainforests looking for hidden waterfalls. It is great for honeymoon, family vacation or wellness travel.
Opening year: 2008
Last renovation: 2020
- El Silencio has offered guests a signature tree-planting experience that prompts a hands-on connection to the land and Costa Rica’s conservation spirit
- The Costa Rican Government has authorized El Silencio to harness the energy of the flowing water of the Gorrión River. This mini-hydro generator will supply at least 40% of the hotel’s needs with clean energy
- The revamped Hummingbird Garden and Meliponary are two close-to-heart projects that seek to fuel the proliferation of the planet’s tiniest birds and local stingless honey bees. Both projects are key to the pollinating processes of the forest
- Their proximity to Sarchí facilitates community-oriented activities that highlight Costa Rica’s UNESCO-recognized cultural tradition as expressed by oxcart art. As the country’s “cradle of artisan craftsmanship” Sarchí is a must-visit destination, they offer a unique Oxcart Painting Session that pairs visitors with in-house artist in a fun session that teaches the techniques and motifs of oxcart painting
- Their gastronomic activity allows travellers to visit local community kitchens to enjoy non-scripted interactions to connect with authentic culture through flavors, aromas, and delicious textures
- Employment in hospitality, better road infrastructure, improved human services, and local purchases have bolstered the region’s quality of life
Certifications: Costa Rica’s official Sustainable Tourism Certification, Blue Flag program.
Management: international owner, local management